The Royal Academy of Dance hold examination sessions 3 times a year in Northern Ireland, once pupils are considered ready by the teacher they will be entered.
As an awarding body the Royal Academy of Dance Examinations Board offers an internationally recognised portfolio of examinations and assessments. These are designed to motivate and encourage students of all ages and levels of ability, through a systematic measurement of progress and attainment.
The Royal Academy of Dance offer examination programmes to suit all, whether students are new to ballet or already have dance experience. There are no upper age limits and both male and female students can enter.
Royal Academy of Dance examinations provide students with:
* an achieveable goal to work towards
* recogntition from the world's largest ballet examination board
* qualifications that are fully accredited by the U.K. regulatory authorities
* the impetus to achieve their personal best in a fun and nurturing environment.
Graded Examinations in Dance Syllabus
* Incorporates Classical Ballet, Free-Movement and Character (Hunganarian, Russian, Polish)
* Includes the innovative new Pre-Primary and Primary in Dance syllabi for younger students.
Pupils need to arrive at the examination centre at least 30mins prior to their exam time. They need to wear the correct uniform which needs to be clean and well fitting. Elastics or ribbons should be firmly sewn on shoes in the correct position and securely fastened before entering the studio. Hair should be neatly groomed and off the face. No make up or jewellery is to be worn.
NEXT EXAM DAY: May / June 2017 - Date to be confirmed.
Candidates have been given their exam times and also piano rehearsal dates and times. If you are unsure of your time etc please speak to Julie ASAP.